Monday, January 17, 2011

Twice Baked Potatoes

Hello Friends,

A quick lunch recipe for your family!   We had a baked potato bar for dinner a couple nights ago and I had a bunch of leftover potatoes that had to be used (because you KNOW I'm not going to waste them!!!), So I cut the taters in half, scooped out the middles and "revived" the middles by mashing them up with some milk and sour cream.  Leave some lumps.  Add in about half a stick of butter (this was for 12 potatoes).  Add some shredded cheese (I use sharp cheddar, great flavor and you don't have to use as much with all that flavor!) and crumbled in some bacon.  Mix potato mixture together and spoon back into the potato skins.  Pop into a 375*, pre heated oven for about 30 minutes and you've got a lovely lunch that has cleaned out your fridge (using up leftovers), is filling and wonderful when paired with a green salad.  I have 5 happy boys with full tummies right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment