Sunday, September 11, 2011

**$unday $avings **

Hello Dear Friends, 

  I've decided to begin to share some money saving ideas here on the (Funny) Farm blog.  Since Sunday is the day I go through coupons and match up money saving coupons with sales at local stores, it makes sense to have Sundays be our **$unday $avings** day here at the (Funny) Farm.  I hope these matchups, sale announcements, free samples and money saving tips are a blessing to you and yours.  Feel Free to comment or e-mail me with comments and suggestions!  I love to hear from you!

Target-
 If you go to Target.com, you can sign up for mobile coupons.  They then text coupons to your phone.  You open up the text and they scan the code and discounts are applied.  (Just don't forget your phone at the register. Sigh.  Yeah. Experience.)  In the current round of coupons, there is a $5 off coupon for any Merona plus size ladies clothing item.  I snagged a nice layering t-shirt on clearance (for $5) and got it for free with the coupon.  (Mobile Coupons - FTW!)   ***Keep in Mind - Even if an item is on clearance (any store) - You can STILL USE COUPONS!  This is why I bring my coupon binder with me EVERY time I go shopping.***

Walgreens -
Oh how I love Walgreens!  I think I will write a poem about pharmacy giant's awesomeness one day.  Just not today...for today... today I write about savings!  Do yourself a favor and watch this: 


   This little video will explain the intricacies of couponing at Walgreens.  You really will find some of the best deals, but there are a few things you need to always keep in mind.

   FREEBIES -

  A couple of my favorite freebies of the week:

Rachel Ray - Just 6 Dog Food Sample

Twinings Tea - Pick Your Favorites to Sample!

Free Sample of Emergen C Vitamin Drink Mix

  With that, my friends, I leave you for today.  Be sure to clip your coupons today to prepare for savings!  Look through sale flyers and match up coupons to items on sale - That's it! You're on your way to savings.  Items that I now regularly get for free or nearly free (at least 80% off, usually more) include dish soap, dishwasher detergent, shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, toothpaste, cereals and almost all cleaning supplies.  I try to maximize savings on household and heatlh/beauty items because I generally can't get coupons for most of our food items.  I got cereal on sale a couple weeks ago (on sale for 5 boxes for $10, which in and of itself is a pretty good price, but when combined with my coupons, I got 5 boxes for $3... even better.  We don't eat too much cereal here, my youngest will eat a bowl a couple times a week and Grandpa likes it, but it is nice to have on hand.  One of my twins, for example, is more than a little under the weather this week...Cheerios are a nice snack for his upset tummy.).  So, I try to save where I can on these items.  I will do a grocery savings post in the future, because we are very frugal (and healthy!) with groceries as well!

   Have a wonderful Sunday, my Friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment